We all have, in one way or other, have experienced the frustration while shopping online and getting excited but not getting what we really wanted. And if purchasing online is that risky, so why do we do it in the very first place?
Online shopping has its own benefits:
- Better Prices: Not only are clothes usually cheaper online, there are a range of “flash sale” apparel sites selling clothes for a short period of time at drastically reduced prices.
- Better Outlet: Clothing brands have very little space to showcase clothes and accessories. Shopping in person you only see a specific amount of clothes while the clothes that suit you the best will probably be lying under the racks. Online shopping allows you to choose the best one out of plenty of clothes.
- Comfort: Online shopping save you from the physical and mental exhaustion of traditional shopping and you can order anything, anytime, anywhere.
- Knowing your measurements: Each clothing brand may size clothes differently, so you cannot depend on the usual small/medium/large scale or numeric size scales. As you cannot try on clothes while shopping online, you definitely need to know your perfect measurements. List down all your exact measurements and compare them with the brand’s own measurement chart. It is also important to double check the garment size and dimensions since every brand manufactures clothes in different sizes.
- Knowing your material: Getting to know the fabric you are most comfortable in and making a list of the most to the least favorite fabrics of your own choice can make your online shopping experience easier. For instance, if you live in a tropical area, your preference would be wearing a light fabric instead of wearing velvet.
- Knowing your style: The clothing industry has it’s own vocabulary bank. Knowing the terms related to your preferred styles such as goth, athletic, regular, relaxed, slim, sporty etc. can help you buying better clothes. Knowing what exactly you are looking for can make your online shopping experience easier. Take a look in your closet and make notes about your core wardrobe.
- Reading the product description: The product description will let you know everything that you need to know about your desired clothing brand or attire. Carefully read the description twice or even thrice just to make sure whatever you are buying is according to what you want.
- Checking the return policy: No matter how carefully you buy your clothes, the chances of dissatisfaction are never zero. Before you order anything online, make sure you are familiarized and prepared for the return policies of that particular brand. Confirm whether a brand offers refunds or replacement before buying a garment.
- Knowing what clothes not to buy online: Of course a buyer better knows what they need to purchase from online stores. But one should also know what they don’t need at that time. Advertisements are most of the times really tempting and implicitly convince you to buy what you don’t need at all. Try to make a list of the unnecessary stuff you see online and make sure not to buy it.
- Looking for comments and reviews: The customer feedback section on every online store is one of the best features to use while shopping online. Looking for different reviews lets you know how the product really is that you are interested in buying. Look for a product that has most positive feedback and also some negative remarks that are resolved and remedied. Look for comments that cater with important features like size, clothing material etc.
- Set budget and look for deals: You need to prevent yourself from over spending. Make sure you spend under your budget buying only the clothes you truly need to buy. Searching for deals is the best way to save money for more shopping. Look up for sales in the very first place to buy more than what you can actually purchase.
- Know your dimensions: Clothes you buy online can sometimes be much smaller than your expectations. It is important to know dimensions so that you get the expected size after ordering it.
- Make security a top priority: Officially known websites and well known enterprises are safe to buy from. But one needs to be careful whenever buying from small companies. Be precautious of the fraudulent sellers who are there to do nothing but to scam. Knowing the features and looking up for details can help you avoid online scammers. Also refrain from sharing personal information like credit card details, your address or your personal phone number. Make sure you shop on encrypted pages and avoid paying on unsecured pages.
ALSO READ: THE FUTURE OF E-COMMERECE IN PAKISTAN